The role is for a full time office based Sales Executive to help with Business Development and Account Management.
Our client are the experts in Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Data Management, with solutions that cover every stage of the Geotechnical data journey from planning, through site work and reporting to 3D Modelling, BIM and National Archives.
They pride themselves on their focus, passion and knowledge of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Data Management and the quality and speed in which they develop customer focused software products in this field.
The company and its software products have evolved over the last 20 years and are highly regarded specialists in this industry sector. With projects as prestigious as Crossrail, the London 2012 Olympic Park and the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau fixed link. Currently experiencing a phase of expansion and growth they are now seeking another key person to join their close-knit team at this exciting time.
Necessary Skills and Competencies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential,
- A confident and professional telephone manner
- General sales administration skills
- Clear communication style that is direct but non-confrontational
- Experience in any software sales based company would be useful but not essential
- Experience in generating leads and making appointments over the telephone in a B2B environment
- Generation of leads from inbound and outbound calls
- Experience or a background in Geology or related qualification would be useful or general interest in Earth Science (this is not essential as training will be given to the suitable candidate)
- Knowledge of Microsoft office particularly Excel would be an advantage
- Sales tracking and logging using CRM systems
- Great organisational skills and attention to detail
- General sales administration, including quotations, filing, lead logging and good follow up procedures.
- Self-motivation and positive outlook, high levels of enthusiasm and energy
This will be a sales based role with a quarterly company bonus scheme , there will be an element of target driven objectives set by the management team. The individual will work closely with the external sales and internal operational teams.
Full training will be given in the initial 3-month induction period. Personality, aptitude and a willingness to learn are as important as skills and background.
A customer approach which is informative and educational is key to success in this role as is a good sense of humour and desire to be part of a great team. You will be required to deal with new and existing customers, this is not a classic sales role but will require a level of product knowledge and good communication skills, a challenging but none confrontational approach will work best. You must have a keen desire to learn about company products and services and a general interest in geology and related topics to be able to succeed.
Objection handling and negotiation skills are important as is an understanding of the importance of data and its management. So if you are ready for your next challenge please get in touch for more information and an informal chat about the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00 /year