To drive sales of 3D Printers, and associated technologies and software against agreed targets through the effective and consistent delivery of business development activities.
- Effective building, management and closing of a pipeline of potential sales opportunities for agreed product lines as defined in annual and quarterly planning reviews.
- Appropriate reporting, record keeping and adherence to processes as agreed across all elements of the role.
- Annual, quarterly and monthly performance against agreed targets for lead management, sales, gross profit, business development activity and customer satisfaction.
- Ensuring that the company is professionally represented at all times.
Additional Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Maintenance of own records on the CRM system.
- Development and maintenance of personal product knowledge across all relevant products.
- Liaising with pre- and post-sales support staff to ensure that best advice and customer experience are delivered at all times.
- Liaising with marketing and senior staff to ensure that broader business development activity is well-structured and delivered.
- Contributing to company strategy on next-generation product/solution selection and development.
- Attending relevant events/conferences as agreed from time to time.
- Delivering and attending internal peer-to-peer training to improve overall skills and knowledge.
- Attending team meetings as required.
- Such other duties as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
Person Specification – Business Development Manager
Background of Role:
A pivotal role within a respected, established technology company selling and supporting a range of 3D printing and software solutions into the architectural, engineering and manufacturing sectors. The role will suit a seasoned, sales-centred, seasoned B2B professional able to take total ownership of day-to-day business development activity and responsible for a personal target of around £500k annually.
Negotiable, but anticipated basic salary of £28,000 to £35,000 dependent on experience with on target commission of around £20,000.
Degree (or similar) educated.
Experience in a similar role is desirable although not essential.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate:
- An absolute “sales-focus” as well as a key track record of relationship development.
- Sufficient career to date business experience – a high level of business gravitas and a track record of successful sales in a similar B2B role.
- A clear aptitude for technology based sales.
- Independent working and self-starter qualities.
- A clear cultural and personality fit with the company.
Also preferable is:
- Industry knowledge – exposure to 3D Technology/Printing and/or the key target sectors.
- A broad contact base – established network and track record of leveraging this.
The role will be predominantly field-based with an option to work out of either the company’s Gloucestershire or London offices. Regular UK travel will be a feature of the role.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £30,000.00 /year